Tuesday, May 30, 2006

 

Food in Programs

When is food in programs is okay? Daycamp refreshments, crafts, and/or when it is donated by Friends or someone.

When is food in programs not okay? When it is not really essential to the program AND the library pays for it. Example: Snacks at Amine Club. If the library pays for soda pop and pizza, that's not okay. But if someone donates the pizza, we can get away with the soda pop. Better yet, just have the kids bring their own dirnks.

When in doubt, call Liz and ask. Remember, my philosophy is to find a way to say "yes" if I possibly can.

Liz

Comments:
just to make life a little easier for you, I'll look into finding a way to get small donations of food by friends ( or $$) processed faster on our end. Also, I'll talk to Tracey about an idea for a consistent monthly donation from friends for food. Confusing, but I'll let you know if I get it worked out.
 
I hope we can work this out. Food and teen programs especially are inseperable.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?