Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Teen Bands in the Branches
I can't stand it any more! Laura has a post on the "Library Stuf" blog about yet another library doing music programs for teens and I want to do something too!!!! So, if you're interested in pursuing the idea of a "teen band" program at your branch, please let me know by the end of next week. (June 10) When I know who wants to participate, I can get Dave involved. My vision is to advertise for young bands (too young for the club scene) who'd like a place to perform and who come with their own built in roadies and groupies. Beyond that, I'm open to suggestion. So if you've ever wanted to do it, let me know, cause now's the time.
Comments:
<< Home
I am willing to try it. I just worry where it would happen at the MI branch. I also worry about the potential complaints as this might atract the very children who are often targeted for loitering and ect. I have other concerns as well (I lived with a Rock-n-Roll band for three years I know all about what goes on with the scene inside and out). If we want a "Woodstock of CCPL" think about what that means. On this topic I have to give caution.
both situations count for me. Kevin, I think we could work out some of the issues involved at Milford, (we could try) and Felicity can pretty much pull off whatever they want to do. Owensville's group might be interested and Union Township has expressed interest in the past. Dave is on board as long as we include him at the beginning of the process. (He thinks it could be a very good idea.) So timing wise, what would be good? try for late summer or fall? Ideas?
Kim mentions something in another post about the program at Burbanks Restaurant on Sunday (They do an Under 21 Jam session) I think that might be a stellar idea too, especially if we can come up with a responsible band to help with the program. Thoughts?
Kim mentions something in another post about the program at Burbanks Restaurant on Sunday (They do an Under 21 Jam session) I think that might be a stellar idea too, especially if we can come up with a responsible band to help with the program. Thoughts?
I not only think bands in the branches is a great idea, I also think we should consider soliciting for a donated electric guitar or keyboard as next year's big teen summer reading prize. Anyone have any connections?
Post a Comment
<< Home
