Monday, August 14, 2006
DOPA - Banning Social Networking Sites
http://blogs.ala.org/yalsa.php?title=6_steps_to_save_your_library_from_dopa&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
If any of you are interested, the above link (through ALA YALSA) provides some information about how to contact your senators and voice your concern.
If any of you are interested, the above link (through ALA YALSA) provides some information about how to contact your senators and voice your concern.
Comments:
<< Home
I'll just sit and stew this time. I read the sample letter to send to lawmakers and agree completely.
Angi, to answer your question, I post these things because they're important. As a library director, I am often in a position where I have to support a system and Board perspective that doesn't really fit with my personal beleif system. And I believe that no matter what as a library director I feel forced to do; as an individual you or I or anyone reading about the issue has the right to respond and express themselves.
Plus, I love to read Kevin's responses. He's very articulate in his beliefs and he says many of the things that, as a Director, I'm not allowed to say.
Plus, I love to read Kevin's responses. He's very articulate in his beliefs and he says many of the things that, as a Director, I'm not allowed to say.
You see my stress responses are rather good. When dealing with topics such as DOPA I spew forth my wrathful indignation, call upon ecclesiastical forces to rain down vile curses upon the usurpers and then go think about what I'll have for dinner and let things run thier course. I try not to supresses my emotions as that tends to lead to all sorts of ugly side effects.
Post a Comment
<< Home
