Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

High School Musical

Hi everyone. I just wanted to share an idea for a successful teen program. I did a program based on the movie High School Musical. We played nerf basketball knock out, used a dance pad or you could let them dance to the dance portion of the video or the soundtrack. We had a trivia contest with prizes and we set up a concession stand with popcorn, candy, snacks and soda. We also made buttons with pictures of the characters from the movie. The kids had a great time and so did I!

Comments:
Okay, I have to confess, I actually thought the musical was okay. Corny, but a good message and it reminded me of Grease and Fame. ( A much cleaned up, Disney version of those movies.)

The program idea sounds terrific. We're kicking around doing a puppet show based on the plot line from the movie for next spring. (I should say, I'm kicking it around and the rest of the troupe is trying to get me to forget the idea.) Let me know what other ways you find to use the movie.
 
Sounds like a great program, Kim! Yes, Leslie is kicking the idea around but we are not naive enough to think that Leslie would actually forget! :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?