Sunday, September 10, 2006
Time for Music in the Library
I don't think I'll ever get the technology down. Okay, the kids are back in school and all our early teens (and late ones) have had a chance to hook up with their friends. If my son's anything to go by, it's time to start organizing some local band style concerts. I know Aaron Smith is already working with a group in Owensville, and that UT has had some open mike nights. I also know that Amelia and Milford and possibly Felicity are interested in trying something at their branches. May I suggest that it might be time we get together and get organized in our approach. Let me know if you still want to participate; and I'll try to set up a meeting. (Won't be before YS meeting though, I'm out of town that week.)
Comments:
<< Home
My son's band may be able to help get things rolling by maybe being a host band for a jam session or just performing. Let me know and I will contact them.
Start talking to your teens to find out what kind of music program they would be interested in doing. That's what I did. It may be that all you need to do is offer your meeting room for a monthly jam session. You may even be able to find a musician or music teacher who would be willing to work with budding musicians. There is also always the open mic program.
Post a Comment
<< Home
