Monday, December 11, 2006

 

Spam Problem

We have a slight problem. In late November, Kim posted a question about a teen film fest. There were no comments posted until the end of this past week when 3-4 bogus comments popped in from heaven knows where. They were links to outside sites, not porn or anything, but annoying. Kevin was alert and caught what was going on.

This theoretically isn't possible. Only registered users of the blog are supposed to be able to post comments on it. I have doublechecked the settings and they are correct, so I haven't figured out how outsiders managed it. I'm still working on that.

In the meantime, if any of you see anything at all that obviously wasn't posted by a staff member, please let me know. If it happens again, as the blog moderator, I will deal with it. I have deleted Kim's original message and the comments, so if you do want to chime in about a teen film fest, just start a new thread.

Thanks,
Liz

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?